Friday, July 9, 2010

changes in attitude

It's been more than a month since I posted anything here, so as you can guess we're in summer mode.
It took a long time for the weather to catch up with our attitudes. We're finally seeing 80 degree days.
We've been outside a little more, and Sean was on a vacation for two weeks to visit his dad's family in Calif. Next week he starts a series of camps at his former Montessori school. We're both excited, and he chose the subjects that were interesting to him. I attended a July 4th party while Sean was away and someone asked if he was attending our local summer camp. I explained we decided to do educational camps this year, and their response was, "Well that doesn't sound very fun. Is he happy about that?"
They don't get it. I told them he was excited about it, and he had chosen all of the camps on his own. (Sad isn't it, that learning becomes no fun when we get to about 2nd grade when we're in a traditional school setting.)
First up, Science camp.
I don't expect I'll get any photos, but if I can I'll share some asap.
One of our favorite museums is the Museum of Flight in Seattle. We took a little trip there to meet with some homeschool families and enjoy a day of airplanes and such. Unfortunately we didn't find any of our homeschool families while we were there, but we had a great time anyway. I'm just as fascinated by it as Sean is, so we'll be going back soon. I should invest in the membership.
It's filled with every imaginable airplane. 
This is one of my favorites. SR71
You can even go into space;)

We've been a couple of times now, and it's really so big it's difficult to see everything in one trip.
It's one of the few non-profit flight museums in the country, and if you're ever planning a trip to Seattle, be sure to put this on your list. It has a neat little gift shop too, of course.


2 comments:

  1. My son would love that museum. When he was 3-4 years old we used to haul home HUGE books about modern jets. He knew more about jet planes than most adults do! His interests have changed to include star fighters. Anyway, I enjoyed browsing through your blog. I hope to be back for another visit soon!

    Have a great summer holiday,
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liesl,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the comment. We'll be going on more adventures, so feel free to check back or become a follower.

    ReplyDelete