Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sean's photos

We made another zoo play date this week. We've had a lot of rain, and Saturday was beautiful. A perfect day for the zoo. This time we went to one of the afternoon shows. I let Sean take pictures this time. He knows more about this camera than I do. This is the show from his perspective.
I can't remember what this animal is, but it was cute.

This huge owl had gotten loose earlier, so they had to cancel the show they had planned and revert to an old one. They were afraid it would attack the animals in the show. So during the alternate show, the owl swooped in and perched in the rafters.

The porcupine was funny.

The armadillo was really cute, but a little too fast for Sean to get a good shot.

I think this is an anteater.

This bald eagle was the last animal in the show. Its left wing was damaged by a power line, so it is a permanent resident at the zoo. Poor thing can't fly anymore. 

After the show we were able to go down front and get a closer look at some of the animals, and some that weren't in the show. This iguana was pretty cool.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Marsha.
    My name is Stephanie and I am seriously considering homeschooling my 5 1/2 and 4 year old the Montessori way.
    Like you, we cannot afford the tuition of montessori for our oldest and the public school is not very adapted for him(he is alreading working on a 2nd grade level for maths and reading) and my 4 year old does not fit the school system.
    I am in Kirkland WA. Would you happen to live close by?
    I would love to see if we click on a personnal level. As I start my homeschooling journey I don't know of anybody that does and more the less the Montessori way!
    I am planning on having 3-6 and 6-9 level and maybe 9-12 too for certain activities.
    I also have a 21/2 babe! So I should invest a alittle bit in material (but only the necessity that cannot be made easely or are not worth time/effort to make compare to store/web bought!).
    Any help is appreciated and support too!
    One of my friends (not that close) is certified Montessori 3-9 I believe (she just lend me her reading binder for pink/blue/green) so I do have a few ressources but I cannot abuse her.

    I hope that you have time and that maybe we could connect,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    I'd love to meet to talk about Montessori. I'm in Gig Harbor, so maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere. We're booked in July, but maybe we could meet the first or second week of August.

    ReplyDelete