Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 4 of Science Camp

Sean is really enjoying camp. It's good for him to spend some time immersed in a subject, and he's having fun too. He asked yesterday if his neighbor friend Kyle could go to camp, and I explained that it's a Montessori camp. The school requires that students either be enrolled for the coming year, or that they attended Montessori school previously. So because he attended the school he will be able to attend camp each summer, if he wishes to do so. Sean said, "I'm really lucky to be able to go to camp."
Right now summer camp is only for infants/toddlers, primary and elementary. Maybe they will add something for the middle school kids at some point. His teacher said they don't have interest from the kids in that age group right now, and there aren't that many enrolled.
Yesterday they played in a sprinkler for recess, and I think they will again today.
Here's what they're working on today. (I think the teacher forgot the "s" on the word volcano. Forgive me, I am an editor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment