Thursday, September 9, 2010

The First Days

Sean's first days of public Montessori school have been good ones. He seems happy, and likes his teacher.
I am glad he's enjoying it so far, and I'm going to spend my first day there tomorrow. I offered to volunteer as a classroom helper to help make materials or whatever she might need.
At his private school there were three teachers in the room and each family was required to volunteer 20 hours per year. Parents helped copy, cut, laminate and organize materials for the classrooms.
Last year I was wishing I had just one person to help me with all of that cutting and organizing as a homeschooling mom. It's a huge job.
Sean has made some friends, and I hope to meet more parents and teachers. PTA meets this month, and I'm putting in my order for the logo wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment