Saturday, December 12, 2009

Read a book, and another, and another


This must be Sean's sensitive period for reading. He is devouring books since he realized he can read the various levels of "I can Read" books. We went to the library for a Gingerbread House activity today and while we waited for it to begin he shopped for books. He read one while we waited, and seems to want more and more. He has always loved books, but says that is his favorite work now. It is sometimes hard to do, but if he pronounces a word wrong, I don't correct him. I wait to see if he figures it out on his own. He almost always does. And as I listen to him read, I learn which words we need to work on. Such as the tough ones in our language that have silent letters in them. Straight, weight, slight, physics, etc.


At the local library, our favorite place these days.

We had a lot of fun during the Gingerbread House making activity. It was all Sean's design, I was the apprentice, helping spackle the frosting onto various pieces of candy. Sean wanted a window upstairs, a front door to match, and pillars at the front. We got a bunch of books while we were there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment