Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Update on Vitamin D3

In a previous post I talked about vitamin deficiency, and that it is a real problem, and could be affecting more teens than we realize.
It's difficult for me to know for certain that the Vitamin D3 is the reason for some of the changes I'm seeing because we are talking about a teenager, but I think it is the D3 that is helping.
I'm seeing him laugh more, and engage in conversation more, and actively participate in activities. His tone is more animated, where he was monotone before. He's up for a little more adventure than he used to be, and he's not so dismissive when I suggest activities.
It's made a difference in his learning, and he works more, with more enthusiasm and energy.
I really think he was barely able to get through a day, and I'm so thankful that I got him to the doctor when I did so we could get this addressed.
He was on mega doses for a few weeks, and is now on a reduced dose, but it's still high.
Soon we will go back for another blood test to see if his levels are up to normal.
If you have a child or teen who seems more tired than you believe is normal, is uninterested in things, can't get going, is showing signs of depression, or has anxiety, please insist on a test for vitamin deficiencies.
I waited too long. I thought I was dealing with a normal teenage moodiness. My son's D3 levels were dangerously low.

No comments:

Post a Comment